Country Conditions for Mailing — Slovak Republic
Chain letter items.
Publications, drawings, photographs, records, sheets of music, etc., contrary to the State public order.
Perishable infectious substances.
Perishable noninfectious substances.
Coins; paper money; securities and other paper values of any kind; as well as savings-bank booklets; and unmanufactured gold, silver, and platinum may be imported only by authorization of the State Bank.
Gift shipments must be sent by private individuals. Those sent by commercial firms are not admitted.
Import permits are required for gift shipments exceeding three per year for one addressee, or for any parcel exceeding 3,000 Slovak Republic crowns in value. Permits may be issued to addressees or withheld at the discretion of the customs authorities after the shipment arrives.
Medicines are admitted provided the addressee is in possession of an import permit granted by the Slovak Republic health authorities.
Philatelic articles and stamps exchanged between member philatelists must not exceed 1,000 Slovak Republic crowns in any calendar year. Gift packages containing philatelic articles are restricted to 3 per year and the shipment cannot exceed a total of 100 stamps or philatelic articles and 100 Slovak Republic crowns in value.
- A parcel may be addressed to a street address or to a post office box. A local telephone number for the addressee should be provided when the item is addressed to a street address and must be provided when the item is addressed to a post office box.
- Import licenses and quantity restrictions are applicable for many articles sent to the Slovak Republic. Therefore, senders should ascertain from the addressee before mailing whether the contents are permitted and whether the necessary documents are held.
- Gift shipments for the personal use of the addressee or the addressee’s family do not require an import permit if the contents do not exceed 5,000 Slovak Republic crowns. When the total exceeds 2,000 Slovak Republic crowns, the addressee must provide a gift certificate authenticated by an authorized agent in that country. Slovak Republic customs decides the value of the contents on the basis of internal prices of identical articles.
- Articles imported in postal items are exempt from customs duties if their total value does not exceed 300 Slovak Republic crowns.
Customs Forms Required (123)
First-Class Mail International items and Priority Mail International flat-rate envelopes:
PS Form 2976 or 2976-A (see 123.61)
Priority Mail International parcels:
PS Form 2976-A inside 2976-E (envelope)
Global Express Guaranteed (210)
Size Limits (216.4)
An item must be large enough to hold on its face the postage
and the plastic pouch that carries the Global Express
Guaranteed Air Waybill/Shipping Invoice (shipping label).
The shipping label is approximately 5.5 inches high and
9.5 inches long, and the plastic pouch that carries it is
approximately 7 inches high and 12 inches long.
Maximum length: 46 inches
Maximum width: 35 inches
Maximum height: 46 inches
Maximum length and girth combined: 108 inches
General Conditions for Mailing
See Publication 141, Global Express Guaranteed Service Guide, for information about areas served in the destination country, allowable contents, packaging and labeling requirements, tracking and tracing, service standards, and other conditions for mailing.
Express Mail International (220)
Express Mail International — Flat Rate
Available for Express Mail International merchandise shipments only
Correspondence and business papers.
PS Form 2976, Customs — CN 22 (Old C 1) and Sender’s Declaration (green label). Endorse item clearly next to mailing label as BUSINESS PAPERS.
Merchandise samples without commercial value.
PS Form 2976, Customs — CN 22 (Old C 1) and Sender’s Declaration (green label).
Merchandise and all articles subject to customs duty.
PS Form 2976-A, Customs Declaration and Dispatch Note CP 72, inside a PS Form 2976-E, Customs Declaration Envelope CP 91.
Size Limits (223.2)
Maximum length: 60 inches
Maximum length and girth combined: 108 inches
Return Receipt Service (221.4):
- Coins; banknotes; currency notes, including paper money; securities of any kind payable to bearer; traveler’s checks; platinum, gold, and silver; precious stones; jewelry; watches; and other valuable articles are prohibited in Express Mail International shipments to the Slovak Republic.
- An Express Mail shipment may be addressed to a street address or to a post office box. A local telephone number for the addressee should be provided when the item is addressed to a street address and must be provided when the item is addressed to a post office box.
Reciprocal Service Name: Zrychlena Posta/EMS
Country Code: SK
Areas Served: All
Priority Mail International
1 Merchandise is permitted, but written communications having the nature of current and personal correspondence are not permitted.
2 Ordinary Priority Mail International includes indemnity at no cost based on weight. (See 230.)
Priority Mail International — Flat Rate
Flat-Rate Envelope (9.5" x 12.5"): $11.00
May contain items that may be sent as First-Class Mail International. The maximum weight is 4 lbs.
Flat-Rate Box: $37.00
Merchandise is permitted, but written communications having the nature of current and personal correspondence are not permitted. The maximum weight is 20 lbs. or the limit set by the individual country.
First-Class Mail International
Postcards and Postal Cards (250)
Direct Sack to One Addressee — M-Bags (260)
Matter for the Blind (270)
Free when sent as First-Class Mail International.
Weight limit: 15 lbs.
Certificate of Mailing
See 313 for fees
COD and Certified
NOT for International Mail
Available for Priority Mail International parcels only (see 324.3 for markings)
International Business Reply Service (373)
Fee: Envelopes up to 2 ounces $1.40; Cards $0.90
International Postal Money Order (371)
International Reply Coupons (372)
Registered Mail (330)
Maximum Indemnity: $43.73
Available for First-Class Mail International,
including postcards and postal cards, and
matter for the blind or other physically
handicapped persons. Not applicable to M-bags.
Restricted Delivery (350)
Available for registered mail with a return receipt.
Endorsements: A remettre en main propre.
Return Receipt (340)
Available for registered mail and insured
Priority Mail International parcels only.