Commerce Form 7525–V must be filled out and presented to the Post Office facility at the time of mailing for any of the following commercial purposes:
- Merchandise exceeding $2,500 in value sent by one business concern to another business concern:
- From the United States (for the purposes of this chapter, the term United States refers to the 50 states and the District of Columbia), Puerto Rico, or the Virgin Islands of the United States to any foreign country, the Caroline Islands, or the Northern Mariana Islands.
- From the United States to Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands of the United States.
- From Puerto Rico to the United States or the Virgin Islands of the United States.
- Any article covered by a validated export license or a distribution license from the Bureau of Trade Regulation, U.S. Department of Commerce, regardless of value or whether the sender or addressee is a business concern. (See 531 for licensing requirements.)
Commerce Form 7525–V is not required when the following goods are mailed:
- Catalogs, instruction books, and other advertising matter or magazines, newspapers, and periodicals.
- Shipments of technical data, regardless of value or whether they are covered by export licenses. (See 530 for the shipment of technical data of a general nature, and 540 for the shipment of technical data relating to munitions.)
- Shipments by companies authorized to submit magnetic tapes to the Census Bureau in lieu of filing Shipper’s Export Declaration, as provided in 521.2.
- Goods that involve no commercial consideration, except shipments described in 522.1b.