Weapons and ammunition by private individuals.
Coins; banknotes; currency notes (paper money); securities payable to bearer; traveler’s checks; platinum, gold, and silver, manufactured or not; precious stones; jewelry; and other valuable articles except in insured Priority Mail International parcels.
Lottery tickets and advertisements concerning lotteries.
Importation of medicine into Serbia is possible only through a legal entity that has permission to import medicine and medical equipment from the National Law of Medicines and Medical Equipment of the Republic of Serbia. Individuals may receive samples of medicine in compliance with that law.
- Postal items addressed to natural persons of Yugoslav or foreign nationality may contain personal travel articles, articles for personal use, and for the use of members of a family (medicines and medical instruments, teaching material, and leisure material), and articles for the use of their household in quantities not intended for resale. Such articles shall be imported against payment of Customs duty and other fees.
- Items inherited abroad as well as articles provided for in contracts concluded between States may be freely imported in accordance with such contracts.
- Items addressed to natural persons of Yugoslav or foreign nationality, the total equivalent value of which in dinars does not exceed 30 United States of America dollars (USD), are exempted from Customs duty; items the total equivalent value of which exceeds 30 United States dollars do not enjoy this privilege.
- Natural persons of Yugoslav nationality exercising a profession are entitled to import articles serving to exercise that profession (equipment, reproduction material, and spare parts); importation will be subject to special conditions.
- The sender is required to show clearly on the Customs declaration the special entitlement to import items containing articles imported under special conditions and regulations. Failing this, the addressee will be required to produce proof before delivery.
- The value restriction does not apply to certain articles sent to persons who are entitled under special rules and conditions to import certain articles or to items containing articles inherited abroad.
Customs Forms Required (123)
First-Class Mail International items and Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Priced Boxes:
PS Form 2976 (see 123.61)
Priority Mail International parcels:
PS Form 2976-A inside 2976-E (envelope)
Global Express Guaranteed (210) Price Group 4
Value Limit (212.1)
The maximum value of a GXG shipment to this country is $2,499 or a lesser amount if limited by content or value.
Size Limits (211.22)
The surface area of the address side of the item to be mailed
must be large enough to completely contain the Global
Express Guaranteed Air Waybill/Shipping Invoice (shipping
label), postage, endorsement, and any applicable markings.
The shipping label is approximately 5.5 inches high and
9.5 inches long.
Maximum length: 46 inches
Maximum width: 35 inches
Maximum height: 46 inches
Maximum length and girth combined: 108 inches
General Conditions for Mailing
See Publication 141, Global Express Guaranteed Service Guide, for information about areas served in the destination country, allowable contents, packaging and labeling requirements, tracking and tracing, service standards, and other conditions for mailing.
Express Mail International (220) Price Group 5
Express Mail International — Flat Rate Envelope and Flat Rate Boxes
Available for Express Mail International merchandise shipments only
Correspondence, business papers, computer data, and advertising material.
PS Form 2976, Customs — CN 22 and Sender’s Declaration. Endorse item clearly next to mailing label as BUSINESS PAPERS.
Merchandise samples without commercial value.
PS Form 2976, Customs — CN 22 and Sender’s Declaration.
Merchandise and all articles subject to customs duty.
PS Form 2976-A, Customs Declaration and Dispatch Note CP 72, inside a PS Form 2976-E, Customs Declaration Envelope CP 91. A commercial invoice must be enclosed in each item.
Size Limits (221.52)
Maximum length: 36 inches
Maximum length and girth combined: 79 inches
- Coins; banknotes; currency notes, including paper money; securities of any kind payable to bearer; traveler’s checks; platinum, gold, and silver; precious stones; jewelry; watches; and other valuable articles are prohibited in Express Mail International shipments to the Republic of Serbia.
- Medicines must be accompanied by a medical prescription or by an attestation from a medical institution justifying the need to use such medicines.
Reciprocal Service Name: Courier EMS
Country Code: RS
Priority Mail International (230) Price Group 5
Note: Ordinary Priority Mail International includes indemnity at no cost based on weight. (See 230.)
Priority Mail International — Flat Rate
Flat Rate Envelopes or Small Flat Rate Priced Boxes: The maximum weight is 4 pounds. Refer to Notice 123, Price List, for the applicable retail, commercial base, or commercial plus price.
Flat Rate Boxes — Medium and Large: The maximum weight is 20 pounds, or the limit set by the individual country, whichever is less. Refer to Notice 123, Price List, for the retail, commercial base, or commercial plus price.
Available for Priority Mail International merchandise parcels only (see 323.72 for markings)
Size Limits (231.22)
Maximum length: 42 inches
Maximum length and girth combined: 79 inches
First-Class Mail International (240) Price Group 5
For the prices and maximum weights for letters, large envelopes (flats), packages (small packets), and postcards, see Notice 123, Price List.
Letters: See 241.212
Postcards: See 241.221
Large Envelopes (Flats): See 241.232
Packages (Small Packets): See 241.242 and 241.243
Airmail M-bags (260) —
Direct Sack to One Addressee Price Group 5
Matter for the Blind (270)
Free when sent as First-Class Mail International, including Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Priced Boxes. Weight limit: 4 pounds.
Free when sent as Priority Mail International. Weight limit: 15 pounds.
Certificate of Mailing (313)
COD and Certified
NOT for International Mail
International Business Reply Service (382)
Fee: Envelopes up to 2 ounces $1.50; Cards $1.00
International Postal Money Order (371)
International Reply Coupons (381)
Registered Mail (330)
Maximum Indemnity: $47.33
Available for First-Class Mail International,
including postcards and Flat Rate Envelopes
and Small Flat Rate Priced Boxes, and matter
for the blind or other physically handicapped
persons. Not applicable to M-bags.
Restricted Delivery (350)
Return Receipt (340)
Available for registered mail and insured
Priority Mail International parcels only.