Customer Support Ruling
Privileges of Pending Periodicals Publications
REVISED July 2014
This Customer Support Ruling discusses the privileges a publication pending Periodicals authorization is eligible to receive. It also discusses combined mailings of pending and authorized Periodicals publications.
Domestic Mail Manual (DMM) 220.127.116.11 provides that copies of pending Periodicals may not be mailed at Periodicals prices before the Pricing and Classification Service Center (PCSC) approves the application for Periodicals mailing privileges. However, copies of pending Periodicals that are properly identified under DMM 207.4.11 and presorted according to Periodicals preparation requirements are entitled to receive all the same privileges as authorized Periodicals publications.
Mailing privileges for pending Periodicals publications include, but are not limited to:
· Pending publications must receive preferential treatment for Periodicals in processing and delivery.
· Pending publications that are undeliverable as addressed must receive forwarding, return, and address correction service as prescribed in DMM 507.1.5.2, pertaining to Periodicals mail.
· They may contain properly prepared (and paid) loose enclosures, including enclosures prepared and paid at the Ride-Along price.
· They may be prepared in editions, or in parts or sections, or with supplements, under the applicable DMM standards.
· Combined Mailings may consist of copies of authorized Periodicals publications, pending Periodicals publications, or a combination of both.
Headquarters, US Postal Service
Washington DC 20260-3436