Country Conditions for Mailing — Liechtenstein
Arms and weapons.
Firing caps and loaded metal cartridges for portable firearms, nonexplosive parts of artillery fuses, flammable films, or articles made of celluloid.
Live plants and animals.
Lottery tickets and advertisements for lotteries.
Mini-spies (miniature wireless transmitters).
No list furnished.
- A parcel may be addressed to a street address or to a post office box. A local telephone number for the addressee should be provided when the item is addressed to a street address and must be provided when the item is addressed to a post office box.
- For parcels, an invoice, in duplicate, is required for all commercial shipments regardless of value and all personal shipments valued at $300 or more. The invoices must be affixed to the outside of the parcel or may be enclosed in PS Form 2976-E with the customs declaration.
- A letter or card fully prepaid and bearing the same address as that of a Priority Mail International parcel may be tied to or otherwise securely attached to the outside of the parcel in such manner as to prevent its separation therefrom and not to interfere with the address of the parcel. Stamps to cover postage on the parcel must be affixed to the wrapper of the parcel. Stamps to pay postage on the letter must be affixed to the envelope thereof, or in the case of a postcard, to the address side of the card, preferably the upper-right portion. Priority Mail International parcels to which such letters or cards are attached are treated as parcel post.
Customs Forms Required (123)
First-Class Mail International items and Priority Mail International flat-rate envelopes and small flat-rate boxes:
PS Form 2976 or 2976-A (see 123.61)
Priority Mail International parcels:
PS Form 2976-A inside 2976-E (envelope)
Global Express Guaranteed (210) Price Group 5
Value Limit (211.2)
The maximum value of a GXG shipment to this country is $2,499 or a lesser amount if limited by content or value.
Size Limits (216.5)
An item must be large enough to hold on its face the postage
and the plastic pouch that carries the Global Express
Guaranteed Air Waybill/Shipping Invoice (shipping label).
The shipping label is approximately 5.5 inches high and
9.5 inches long, and the plastic pouch that carries it is
approximately 7 inches high and 12 inches long.
Maximum length: 46 inches
Maximum width: 35 inches
Maximum height: 46 inches
Maximum length and girth combined: 108 inches
General Conditions for Mailing
See Publication 141, Global Express Guaranteed Service Guide, for information about areas served in the destination country, allowable contents, packaging and labeling requirements, tracking and tracing, service standards, and other conditions for mailing.
Express Mail International (220) Price Group 5
Express Mail International — Flat Rate
Available for Express Mail International merchandise shipments only
Business correspondence and commercial papers/documents.
No form required. Endorse item clearly next to mailing label as BUSINESS PAPERS.
Samples of merchandise without commercial value.
PS Form 2976, Customs — CN 22 (Old C 1) and Sender’s Declaration (green label).
Merchandise and all articles subject to customs duty.
PS Form 2976-A, Customs Declaration and Dispatch Note CP 72, inside a PS Form 2976-E, Customs Declaration Envelope CP 91. An invoice, in duplicate, is required for all commercial shipments regardless of value and all personal shipments valued at $300 or more. The invoices must be either affixed to the outside of the parcel or enclosed in PS Form 2976-E with the customs declaration.
Size Limits (223.2)
Maximum length: 60 inches
Maximum length and girth combined: 108 inches
Return Receipt Service (221.5):
- An invoice, in duplicate, is required for all commercial shipments regardless of value and for all personal shipments valued at $300 or more. The invoices must be either affixed to the outside of the parcel or enclosed in PS Form 2976-E with the customs declaration.
- Arms, weapons, and human remains are prohibited.
- Coins; banknotes; currency notes, including paper money; securities of any kind payable to bearer; traveler’s checks; platinum, gold, and silver; precious stones; jewelry; watches; and other valuable articles are prohibited in Express Mail International shipments to Liechtenstein.
- An Express Mail International shipment may be addressed to a street address or to a post office box. A local telephone number for the addressee should be provided when the item is addressed to a street address and must be provided when the item is addressed to a post office box.
Reciprocal Service Name: International Rapid Service
Country Code: LI
All points in Liechtenstein are served. Liechtenstein is served through Switzerland.
Priority Mail International (230) Price Group 5
1 Merchandise is permitted, but written communications having the nature of current and personal correspondence are not permitted.
2 Ordinary Priority Mail International includes indemnity at no cost based on weight. (See 230.)
Priority Mail International — Flat Rate
Flat-Rate Envelope or Small Flat-Rate Box: $12.95
May contain items that may be sent as First-Class Mail International. The maximum weight is 4 lbs.
Flat-Rate Boxes: Regular/Medium – $41.95; Large – $53.95
Merchandise is permitted, but written communications having the nature of current and personal correspondence are not permitted. The maximum weight is 20 lbs. or the limit set by the individual country, whichever is less.
First-Class Mail International (240) Price Group 5
Large Envelopes (Flats)
Packages (Small Packets)
Postcards: See 243.1
Letters: See 243.2
Large Envelopes (Flats): See 243.3
Packages (Small Packets): See 243.4
Airmail M-bags (260) —
Direct Sack to One Addressee
Matter for the Blind (270)
Free when sent as First-Class Mail International.
Weight limit: 15 lbs.
Certificate of Mailing (313)
COD and Certified
NOT for International Mail
Available for Priority Mail International parcels only (see 324.3 for markings)
International Business Reply Service (382)
Fee: Envelopes up to 2 ounces $1.45; Cards $0.95
International Postal Money Order (371)
International Reply Coupons (381)
Registered Mail (330)
Maximum Indemnity: $47.93
Available for First-Class Mail International,
including postcards, and matter for
the blind or other physically handicapped
persons. Not applicable to M-bags.
Restricted Delivery (350)
Available for registered mail with a return receipt.
Endorsements: A remettre en main propre.
Return Receipt (340)
Available for registered mail and insured
Priority Mail International parcels only.