Pricing & Classification DMM Advisory
March 28, 2014
IMb™ Services Update
PostalOne!® Release 37.2. Deployment — repairs known issues in PostalOne! ® and includes database maintenance activities. The deployment is scheduled for Sunday, April 6, 2014, during the normally scheduled maintenance window of 4 a.m. through 8 a.m. CDT. There will be a PostalOne! outage during this time.
A mandatory Mail.dat® client download will be available immediately following the software update. Release notes for PostalOne! Release 37.2 can be found on RIBBS by clicking on Major/Minor Release Schedule/ 2014 Releases in the left-hand navigation bar or by going directly to Full Service 2014 Releases.
PostalOne! Release 37.2 Deployment to Test Environment for Mailers (TEM) — will also occur on Sunday, April 6, 2014, from 4 a.m. through 10 a.m. CDT.
Migrating to Full-Service Webinar Series
The Postal Service encourages mailers to migrate to the use of Full-Service Intelligent Mail® when mailing First-Class Mail® postcards, letters, and flats, Standard Mail® letters and flats, Periodicals letters and flats and Bound Printed Matter flats
Full-Service provides customers with:
- An additional per piece discount on every Full-Service mailpiece.
- Address correction information at no additional cost for Full-Service mailpieces, providing Change of Address (COA) information and Nixie (undeliverable-as-addressed) information.
- The ability to track service performance through reports and scan information.
- Container, tray and mailpiece visibility.
- Annual permit fees waived when 90 percent or more of cumulative annual mailings consist of Full-Service mail.
- The opportunity to use the same permit at any location via our Mail Anywhere program.
We scheduled a series of webinars to assist mailers in transitioning to Full-Service Intelligent Mail. The webinars are designed to walk you through the process and help you get the most out of using Full-Service. Log on links to recordings of the four Full-Service presentations are available on RIBBS under Intelligent Mail Services/Education at https://ribbs.usps.gov/index.cfm?page=intellmailpresentations.
Full-Service Intelligent Mail Open Line Call
A Full-Service Intelligent Mail “Open Line” is scheduled for the first Wednesday of every month from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Eastern Time. USPS® representatives will be online to answer any questions related to Full-Service Intelligent Mail. To join the call, click on the link no more than 15 minutes before the start of the call.
Audio: (855) 860-7461
Conference ID: 747 493 349