Pricing & Classification DMM Advisory
June 29, 2010
IMb™ Services Update
UPDATED PostalOne! 24.1.0 Release Notes were deployed on June 28, 2010 and are available in the Updated Release Notes on RIBBS®>Intelligent Mail® Services>Latest News. The key features of this release are:
- Mail.dat® validations were made
- Full-Service discount will now be adjusted for spoilage
- Improvements to the Mail Data Quality Reports
PostalOne! Release 25.0.0 will deploy on November 7, 2010. Updated PostalOne!® 25.0.0 Release Notes are available in the Updated Release Notes on RIBBS>Intelligent Mail Services>Latest News. The key features of this release are:
- Deploy a process for verifying Intelligent Mail® Full-Service electronic documentation.
- Mail Data Quality Reports will be enhanced to assist mailers in reconciling issues resulting in assessments.
- Fees will be charged by Full-Service ACS™ Billing for ACS® records when the same record was provided more than 60 days prior for Full-Service Periodicals and more than 95 days prior for Full-Service Standard Mail® and Bound Printed Matter.
- Full-Service ACS Billing will also charge for records delivered when Full-Service Service Type Identifiers are in the barcodes but they do not match the eDoc. In this case, the fees are chargeable for all classes of mail.
- Postal Wizard will be enhanced to allow entry of all parts of the International Mail postage statements.
Guides and Specifications Updates: To support the current release through PostalOne! Release 25.0.0 on November 7, 2010, the following guides are updated and available for review at RIBBS>Intelligent Mail Services>Guides & Specs under Important Links:
- A Guide to Intelligent Mail for Letters and Flats
- Postal Service Mail.dat Technical Specification
- Postal Service Mail.XML® Technical Specification for Postage Payment & Reporting (eDoc)
- Postal Service Mail.XML Technical Specification for Appointment Scheduling (FAST®)
- Postal Service Mail.XML Technical Specification for Profiles & Full-Service Feedback
Guide to Facility Access and Shipment Tracking (FAST) Appointment Container Association: To assist mailers with associating FAST appointment and container information, the Guide to Facility Access and Shipment Tracking (FAST) Appointment Container Association is posted on RIBBS and the FAST website. Mailers can monitor their compliance with FAST appointment container associations by accessing the Full-Service Mail Data Quality Reports available via the Business Customer Gateway. Information on how to access the Full-Service Mail Data Quality Reports can be found in the User Access to Electronic Mailing Information and Reports Guide, Volume II: Access to Electronic Mail Reports available at RIBBS>Intelligent Mail Services>Guides & Specs>Important Links. Any questions should be directed to the FAST Help Desk (FAST@usps.gov).
Mail Data Quality Reports Outage (July 18, 2010): Mail Data Quality Reports will be unavailable on Sunday, July 18, 2010, from 4:00 am - Noon CDT due to a system upgrade. There will be no additional outage/impact to the PostalOne! system.