Pricing & Classification DMM Advisory
October 21, 2016
USPS™ Announces Price Changes for 2017
The Postal Service™ has announced price changes to take effect next year, after the end of the holiday season.
The changes, if approved by the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC), include a 2-cent increase in the price of a First-Class Mail® Forever® Stamp and a 3.9 percent price increase in Priority Mail®.
The current and new Priority Mail prices are:
- Small flat-rate box: $6.80 (current), $7.15 (new)
- Medium flat-rate box: $13.45 (current), $13.60 (new)
- Large flat-rate box: $18.75 (current), $18.85 (new)
- Large Army/Air Post Office and Fleet Post Office flat-rate box: $16.75 (current), $17.35 (new)
- Regular flat-rate envelope: $6.45 (current), $6.65 (new)
- Legal flat-rate envelope: $6.45 (current), $6.95 (new)
- Padded flat-rate envelope: $6.80 (current), $7.20 (new)
Pricing for Standard Mail®, Periodicals, Package Services and Extra Services also will be adjusted next year.
The Postal Service’s filing with the PRC does not include changes for postcards, letters mailed to international destinations or additional ounces for letters.
The PRC will review the price changes before they are scheduled to take effect Jan. 22. The Postal Service’s complete price filing is available on the PRC’s site (http://www.prc.gov/) in the Daily Listings section.
The proposed pricing files are posted under the Prices section on Postal Explorer® homepage at pe.usps.com.