Pricing & Classification DMM Advisory
Message board to keep postal customers informed of changes to mailing standards, services, and prices.
May 14, 2015
New ACS™ Ancillary Service Option and Intelligent Mail® Barcode Service Type IDs
Beginning July 25, 2015, a new ACS™ Ancillary Service Option and new Intelligent Mail® barcode Service Type IDs will be available.
Change Service Requested (CSR) Option 2 for Standard Mail® letters and flats and Bound Printed Matter flats:
- Intelligent Mail® barcode is required.
- CSR Option 2 is only available with ACS .
- Undeliverable mail (UAA) will be forwarded when there is a current change-of-address on file.
- A Forwarded Fee will be charged for each piece that is forwarded (see https://ribbs.usps.gov/acs for more details).
- All other UAA mail will be discarded.
- Provides an ACS notice for both forwarded and discarded mail.
- Avoids returned mail and weighted fee charges.
More information on this new ACS ancillary service option can be found at: https://ribbs.usps.gov/acs.
Intelligent Mail® barcode Service Type ID information for this service can be found at: https://ribbs.usps.gov/stids.