1.0 General Information for Mail Preparation
2.0 Priority Mail Express 1-Day and 2-Day
3.0 Firm Mailing Book
Priority Mail Express packaging provided by the USPS must be used only for Priority Mail Express. Regardless of how the packaging is reconfigured or how markings may be obliterated, any material mailed in USPS-provided Priority Mail Express packaging is charged the appropriate Priority Mail Express price.
When sealing a Flat Rate Envelope, the container flap must be able to close within the normal fold. Tape may be applied to the flap and seams to reinforce the container provided the design of the container is not enlarged by opening the sides and the container is not reconstructed in any way.
See 202.3.1 for price markings.
For each Priority Mail Express item, the mailer must complete Label 11-B or Label 11-F, Label 11-HFPU for Hold For Pickup service, or a single-ply Priority Mail Express label generated through a USPS-approved method. Mailers authorized to present 1-Day or 2-Day Priority Mail Express items using a Priority Mail Express Manifesting System must follow label preparation procedures in Publication 97, Priority Mail Express Manifesting Technical Guide.
[6-23-19] For editions of Priority Mail Express Label 11-B or Label 11-F printed on or after January 2012, a mailer sending a Priority Mail Express item, and requiring a signature, must instruct USPS to provide a signature by checking the “signature required” box on Label 11-B or Label 11-F or indicating a signature is requested on a single-ply commercial label. If the signature required box is selected, an image of the signature will be provided when accessing delivery information. A mailer must select signature service for Priority Mail Express COD or Priority Mail Express with additional insurance.
For Priority Mail Express 1-Day Delivery, the mailer determines if the item is destined to a ZIP Code area to which Priority Mail Express 1-Day Delivery is offered from the point of origin by accessing a Priority Mail Express 1-Day Delivery directory, available at Post Offices. If the destination is not listed, only Priority Mail Express 2-Day Delivery is available.
Form 3877 is available at no cost to any mailer who mails an average of three or more Priority Mail Express items at one time, following these instructions:
- The mailer must prepare Priority Mail Express 1-Day Delivery or 2-Day Delivery items as described above and present the completed form with the items to be mailed.
- The mailer must enter on Form 3877 the full number of each Priority Mail Express item and the addressee‘s name and address.
- All entries must be made in duplicate by typewriter, ink, or ballpoint pen. One copy is kept by the accepting employee. The other is receipted and returned to the mailer.
- All unused parts of the address column in Form 3877 must be obliterated by drawing a diagonal line through the unused part. Any alteration must be initialed by the mailer and accepting employee.
- For Priority Mail Express Manifesting, a special manifest is used to present Priority Mail Express items for acceptance as described in Publication 97, Priority Mail Express Manifesting Technical Guide. Form 3877 may be used only to list items for which extra services have been requested. See 705.2.6 for more information.